Yes, gentle humans, I am glad that I was not born a turkey. Turkeys are not clever, or fast … they just make funny noises. And taste good, too. I’m thankful that mom often gives me pieces of turkey, or chicken, or roast beef, when she is cooking dinner. There are lots of things that I am thankful about. Here are ten others:
2. I am thankful for lots of things to eat, and besides the occasional scraps there is also the purry food that I can get into when nobody is looking.
3. I am thankful that I can run, and run fast, because I love to run (after all, I am speed)!
5. I am NOT thankful for skunks! (Oh, I haven’t told you about that yet, have I? Stay tuned for an update soon … it wasn’t pleasant.)
7. I am thankful for vets who take good care of me. Especially when I was very, very sick last year and had to spend a week in the hospital. A big thanks to Dr. Clark! (note: Would be even more thankful if there were no shots.)
8. I am thankful for my purry friends, even that white purry-thing who hisses and makes a fuss. But some purry-things are nice to me, and come up to say hello every time that I go into the back yard. They get my special thanks.
9. I am thankful for long walks, be they on dusty trails or nice, green grass. I love climbing the hills where I can watch cows and chase squirrels, and look down at the wonderful view.
Yes, I think that I must be the luckiest clever puppy in the world. As Trixie would say, “Life is good.”